Symfony project development
Symfony, what is it?
Symfony is a framework that has been developed by a French company, entirely open source which means that all the developers who use it can enrich it to improve the code. Symfony has a community of over 2000 contributors. It is tested and updated regularly, which makes it a stable, secure and robust tool.
This framework is made with a set of PHP components and functional bricks (also called libraries) that are autonomous and that can be integrated individually into a website, an API or micro-services.
During the creation of a platform, we will pick and choose associations between several generic autonomous functional bricks from this framework, which will define the skeleton and the architecture of the product, and will allow us to propose turnkey functionalities for the development of projects.
These reusable plugins are an undeniable asset since they allow developers to gain in productivity and create structured platforms while limiting the risk of bugs.
In which cases it is used ?
Symfony's strong modularity and flexibility make it possible to create web applications of any size and complexity.
Symfony is the basis for developing specific functionalities and therefore for creating fully customized projects.
Some points that the team particularly appreciates with the Symfony framework :
- It has a number of components that allow the team to save time and productivity
- It makes it easy to organize the project in a structured way
- It is an open source tool that has an active community
- Symfony places a lot of importance on testing and has a complete and detailed documentation, which makes it robust and reliable
- It allows the creation of agile platforms thanks to its modularity